Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sandalwood, not only a sexual tonic

My very best friend came yesterday for an aromatherapy treatment to relax after our last night's hangover. We discussed for few minutes a brief medical history and than I gave her the aromatherapy massage. What made it special though was the blend I made just for her.

Sandalwood, Juniper needle and Geranium

...all blend in sunflower and almond oil.

the "christalenergy" blend

my very best friend

She loves the earthy and yet fresh aroma of Sandalwood and I knew I had to use it for her still from our night out in the bar.

Sandalwood - Santalum album is a yellow thick oil with sweet, woody aroma with fresh overtones. It is a anti-infectious, neuro-relaxant and cardio-tonic essential oil. It is often used for chronic bronchitis, cystitis and coughs. It is very good for dry skin and a perfect sexual tonic. Sandalwood blends nicely with rose, black pepper, bergamot, rosewood and patchouli.

photo taken from here

Juniper needle - Juniperus Communis ram is almost colourless with a woody, balsamic, green odor. It is an anti-catarrhal, anti-septic, diuretic and neuro-tonic essential oil. It is used to treat greasy skin and weeping eczema and it is a very good kidney tonic. It blends nicely with cypress, citrus oils, pine and lavender.

photo taken from here

Geranium - Pelargonium Graveolens is used to treat skin problems and to balance the nervous system. But for more info about geranium and how I had used it for sun burned skin you can check here.

photo taken from here

I made this blend mainly for treating dry skin, stress, insomnia, balancing the nervous system, and giving a kidney tonic.

My very best friend EnJoyed it and I also gave her a small bottle of the blend for home use.

If you want me to make you an aromatherapy blend you can email me at christalenergy@gmail dot com. I would be more than glad to make you one just for you!

Also my etsy shop for aromatherapy blends will be up soon... I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

w 8elw k egw masaz!!!

christalenergy said...

na ertheis! :):):)

tha sou steilw mail me more info...