Monday, October 26, 2009

At Chalkida (Εν Χαλκίδι)

A couple of days ago I went to Chalkida to visit my very best friend, who studies there, for her birthday. It was a quiet afternoon and we decided to go for a late lunch - early dinner at a beautiful Greek restaurant called "En Chalkidi", but unfortunately at that moment and fortunately after all it was closed for renovation. Not knowing where to go and what to eat we start walking at the sea-side pedestrian towards a very untouristic side of Chalkida. I say untouristic because if you haven't lived there most probably you wouldn't think of going at that side, but otherwise is the most beautiful place I personally think Chalkida has to offer, as far as I know at least.

Anyway, no need to say anything else, just that I 'm happy "En Chalkidi" decided to go for a renovation and therefore I had the chance for that fantastic quiet walk by the sea, meeting with that untouristic side of Chalkida.

Don't forget to click on the photos for a larger view, some are stunning.

















my very best friend

Happy Happy Happy birthday...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ax ti mou 8ymises twra!4 xronakia perasa sthn xalkida...tei blepeis..

Chichipiru said...

κούκλα η Χαλκίδα! το κακό όμως είναι ότι κάθε αργία (Βλέπε μεθαύριο) το σκέφτεσαι πολύ για να πας λόγω της κίνησης...:(

Anonymous said...

:) :) :)...ευχαριστώ που είσαι εσύ! ;) ανυπομονώ για τις επόμενες βόλτες μας!

Anonymous said...

Πολύ όμορφη η Χαλκίδα και πολύ όμορφες φωτογραφίες και η φιλία, αξία ανεκτίμητη, εύχομαι να βρίσκεστε πιο συχνά!

Mairyliscious said...

ax ti teleies photo...........

Thalia said...

teleies oi photo apo agglia...me epiase nostalgia bre paidi mou...